Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Minnesota REALTORS®. Minnesota REALTORS® is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Minnesota REALTORS® or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Minnesota REALTORS® be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Minnesota REALTORS® and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Minnesota REALTORS® does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Minnesota REALTORS® we will take all appropriate action.
Minnesota REALTORS® reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Arbitration of Disputes
Minnesota Realtors® is committed to providing excellent service to its website visitors; however, should disputes or claims arise related to this website, the user, as a condition for using this website, agrees to arbitrate all such disputes or claims through binding arbitration through a mutually agreed upon arbitrator.
Minnesota Realtors® is committed to providing an accessible website. If you have difficulty accessing content, have difficulty viewing a file on the website, or notice any accessibility problems, please Minnesota Realtors® at 800.862.6097 or firstname.lastname@example.org to specify the nature of the accessibility issue and any assistive technology you use. We will strive to provide the content you need in the format you require. Minnesota Realtors® also welcomes your suggestions and comments about improving ongoing efforts to increase the accessibility of this website.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy of Minnesota REALTORS®
Minnesota Association of REALTORS® ("Minnesota REALTORS®") takes copyright infringement seriously and will investigate and respond to each Notice of Infringement it receives. In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Minnesota REALTORS® has registered a designated copyright agent with the U.S. Copyright Office and has stated its policy regarding addressing copyright infringement below.
Designated Copyright Agent:
Minnesota REALTORS® has registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c). If you believe your copyright material is being used on this website without permission, please notify the Designated Copyright Agent at:
Susan Dioury, Vice President of Risk Management
11100 Bren Rd W
Minnetonka, MN 55343
How to Provide Notice of Infringement:
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by Minnesota REALTORS® (http://www.mnrealtor.com) or by a third party who has uploaded content on our website, please provide the following information to the Minnesota REALTORS® Designated Copyright Agent listed above:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
- An address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where Minnesota REALTORS® can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not Minnesota REALTORS® itself, can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- Your electronic or physical signature.
How Minnesota REALTORS® Will Address Any Notice of Infringement Received by its Designated Copyright Agent:
Minnesota REALTORS® may request additional information before removing any alleged infringing material. Minnesota REALTORS® may provide the alleged infringing party with your email address so that that person can respond to your allegations.
Minnesota REALTORS® will promptly remove content once a Notice of Infringement containing all the above information is received by its Designated Copyright Agent. An alleged infringer may submit a Counter-Notice to Minnesota REALTORS®. If such a notice is received, Minnesota REALTORS® may restore the removed content after 10 days if no copyright lawsuit has been initiated within such time.
Minnesota REALTORS® strongly believes in protecting the integrity of its website and its participants. Thus, any person who is a repeat infringer may have his or her account, or other rights on www.mnrealtor.com terminated. If you believe that the alleged infringer is a repeat infringer. please provide this information to our Designated Copyright Agent with your Notice of Infringement. Please provide enough information so that Minnesota REALTORS® is able to properly verify whether the person is a repeat infringer.
Instructions for Counter-Notices:
If you have been accused of copyright infringement and your content has been removed from our website, you have the right to submit a Counter-Notice to dispute the allegations in the Notice of Infringement. If Minnesota REALTORS® receives such notice, it may, after the 10-day period, reinstate the removed content.
To submit your Counter-Notice, pleas provide the following information to the Minnesota REALTORS® Designated Copyright Agent listed above:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under 17 U.S.C. § 512, subsection (c)(1)(C) (Infringement Notification provision in the DMCA) or an agent of such person; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Third Party Website Content:
Please note that Minnesota REALTORS® does not control content that is hosted on third party websites, and cannot remove content from a website it does not control. As such, please contact the administrator or Designated Copyright Agent of the third party website for related infringements.
Seek Advice of Legal Counsel:
Please note that none of the above content was intended to be utilized as legal advice. If you wish to understand your rights or obligations under the DMCA better, please consult with your own attorney.